Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cinta: Sebuah kisah tentang kasih


Yo!I know I'm abit outdated on local films(before this I haven't watched "Sepet") too but so happen i've managed to buy a DVD titled "Cinta: Sebuah kisah tentang kasih". I've always observed the movie's poster on the billboard near my house but didn't really took the initiative to search for it..

First of all, don't look down on this movie man.. it's damn good! to my friends out there reading this post.. u must watch this movie! Malaysia movies are I would say comparable to "gwai lo" films. I can assure you that after you watch "Cinta". The movie is like a 1 hour 45 minutes long and it feels like you're watchin a super long advertisement cause of its videography. The angles, perspective, zooms and even the colours seemed advertisement-like.. but nonetheless, it's cool!

Generally, it resembles "Love actually" in some way. But the love story in this movie is more "malaysian la". In it has 5 love stories and the characters in the movie are somehow linked to each other. Em, like a lady in one love story is working in the same company with another guy in another one love story. I think you know what I mean right? haha.. anyway, there are lots of places featured in the movie:- Cental Market, an old building at Jalan Panggong, mostly around KL la.. n The Twin Towers appeared like 60 percent of the time (I'm exaggerating abit la..) It's quite exciting for me to see places I know appearing in a movie and you'll definitely see KL in a different way after watching "Cinta". Even a back alley of a shop in KL looks good.. I wonder how they do that..

Among all the couples in the movie, I would say the veterans Fatimah Abu Bakar and Dato' Rahim Razali were the best couple in the movie. Superb acting skills from both of them. I guess nothing beats experience la..aha..the other 4 couples, I would say.. OKla.. pass lo.. but still good! hehe.. wont reveal the love stories la.. find out yourself!

and oh ya, support original cause it's not that expensive also.. A original DVD of "Cinta" is only RM19.90! don't support piracy! they produce lousy copies..


Conclusion: Superb videography and you would not see Malaysian films in the same old way anymore.. because of "Cinta" i went and bought Gubra and Sepet. I've watched Sepet just now.. sad ending though.. the actor's eyes really Sepet man...

4 comments:

Jay Low said...

cinta feels like a remake of love actually... haha... =P

KennLim said...

exactly.. still it's a very good attempt..

Jay Low said...

no keira knightley = not nice to watch edi...
haha... =P

Saphion said...

Haha... I like sepet ;p